Live shows

Talk amongst yourselves.
Forum rules
Be kind to one another.
thedancemyth
Site Admin

Live shows

Post by thedancemyth »

Where have you seen me live. Was it any good? Was it bad? Tell me about it, and share a picture of the show if you have it.
-dan

_yodi

Re: Live shows

Post by _yodi »

554734_10151042225560774_388056554_n.jpg
554734_10151042225560774_388056554_n.jpg (71.37 KiB) Viewed 200 times
Hi Dan!

I saw you live in Hamilton Ontario in 2012. It was in some sort of loft in someone's house? I just remember having to get tickets from some random guy across town. You played with the La de Les, and also Homeless Gospel Choir! So I got to see both you and Derek in the same show. I loved seeing and hearing you play live. It somehow enhanced the experience even more than I thought possible. It was so neat to see the emotion you put into the music even live! I also remember I wrote out a cookie recipe in some sort of notebook you left out.

But here are some photos!

download/file.php?mode=view&id=4

download/file.php?mode=view&id=3
Attachments
318107_10151042224040774_440953138_n.jpg
318107_10151042224040774_440953138_n.jpg (106 KiB) Viewed 200 times
Jody Speck

LukeElford

Post by LukeElford »

My friends band Rope supported you in Clwb Ifor Bach in 2016. I think they were the ones that introduced me to your music. I was absolutely blown away, the intensity of your performance reassured me, as I didn’t know what I was really doing at the time. I started a new band that winter and put out some of my favourite work!

After the set I asked if it was a struggle to carry a washing machine and a baseball bat on tour with you. You told me it was an axe handle. I had to keep an eye on the time to catch the last bus home, so I felt a little rude for checking my phone often. Your band were packing down as I kept checking the time and you just carried on speaking to me and I remember thinking “wow, this guy has all the time in the world for me” and that feeling really stuck with me!

It taught me a lot about talking to people, especially after a show. I could never conduct myself properly after a gig, I’d drink too much, be loud and rowdy or I’d just want to get out of there onto the next place. Now I always make the time to speak to anyone after playing, it’s really rewarding (though I’m still learning how to take a compliment). I really appreciate the lessons you’ve taught me, you make a great teacher and I hope you enjoyed the experience too. Thanks again Dan!

JeffOVideo

Post by JeffOVideo »

I saw Listener with '68 and Homeless Gospel Choir in Annapolis, MD back in 2014 (I think). I just realized that HGC is Derek from writing class! Here's some stuff from the show:

https://imgur.com/a/zlosIJD

thedancemyth
Site Admin

Post by thedancemyth »

LukeElford wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:04 pm
My friends band Rope supported you in Clwb Ifor Bach in 2016. I think they were the ones that introduced me to your music. I was absolutely blown away, the intensity of your performance reassured me, as I didn’t know what I was really doing at the time. I started a new band that winter and put out some of my favourite work!

After the set I asked if it was a struggle to carry a washing machine and a baseball bat on tour with you. You told me it was an axe handle. I had to keep an eye on the time to catch the last bus home, so I felt a little rude for checking my phone often. Your band were packing down as I kept checking the time and you just carried on speaking to me and I remember thinking “wow, this guy has all the time in the world for me” and that feeling really stuck with me!

It taught me a lot about talking to people, especially after a show. I could never conduct myself properly after a gig, I’d drink too much, be loud and rowdy or I’d just want to get out of there onto the next place. Now I always make the time to speak to anyone after playing, it’s really rewarding (though I’m still learning how to take a compliment). I really appreciate the lessons you’ve taught me, you make a great teacher and I hope you enjoyed the experience too. Thanks again Dan!
Oh yeah! I remember that show...and meeting you. for sure. They put our band's name up in the entryway. That's a fun place to play. Loud and small. I'm so so so glad that we were both able to make the time to speak after the show. You're doing it right if it feels right for you. Keep growing!
-dan