Lyric Questions

Talk amongst yourselves.
Forum rules
Be kind to one another.
thedancemyth
Site Admin

Lyric Questions

Post by thedancemyth »

Do you have a lyric question? Go ahead and ask it and see what may happen.
-dan

Steve’s iPhone

Re: Lyric Questions

Post by Steve’s iPhone »

“Drawing maps in our breath on the windows” is jam packed and is one of your lines that’s been with me as of most recent. How did that come about?

Karhunen

Post by Karhunen »

Hello,
Not a question on a lyric in particular, but I really love your lyrics, the imagery, the pulse are just phenomenal.
You're by far my favourite lyricist.
So, what are your inspirations ? What artists, writers do you like ?

thedancemyth
Site Admin

Post by thedancemyth »

Steve’s iPhone wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:03 pm
“Drawing maps in our breath on the windows” is jam-packed and is one of your lines that’s been with me as of most recent. How did that come about?

Good question! I can't remember where that one is from...I think it's an older lyric.
For sure it's about breathing on the car window and looking out of the window all foggy and thinking about drawing maps to somewhere.
-dan

thedancemyth
Site Admin

Post by thedancemyth »

Karhunen wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:30 am
Hello,
Not a question on a lyric in particular, but I really love your lyrics, the imagery, the pulse are just phenomenal.
You're by far my favorite lyricist.
So, what are your inspirations? What artists, writers do you like?
Hey, thanks!

that's a hard one to get right, so I'll just say a few that I've been liking lately to try and paint a pic of what starts to inspire me. It's like a bouquet for me....good film, good documentary, honest heartfelt music, learning new things, making things with my hands, writing, making music, painting, taking care of myself. One of my favorite movies is called Magnolia (but there just so many good films to think about watching). I just watched The 13th, and I Am Not Your Negro (mind-expanding and moving and maddening). I have loved and just started getting into a band from Wales called The Joy Formidable (incredible music), I like Idles, and have been listening to Phoebe bridges a lot. That stuff comes and goes...old albums and artists that I love are sometimes fun to go listen to again. Life. Stuff like that.
-dan